Teri Zenner Toig, Esq.
President and CEO
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Economics, Northwestern University, 1980
- Certificat d'Etudes Politiques, L'Institut d'Etudes Politiques, Paris, France, 1979
Law Practice Experience
- Kirkland & Ellis
- Goldberg, Kohn, Bell, Black, Rosenbloom & Moritz, Ltd.
- Member, Law Board, Northwestern University School of Law
- Founder, Zenner Consulting Group Grant, providing scholarship assistance to law students pursuing employment in the public interest
- Member, Law Alumni Association Board of Directors, Northwestern University School of Law
- Member, John Henry Wigmore Club, Northwestern University School of Law
I created the Zenner Consulting Group, on my own, in 1987. After practicing law as a transactional attorney at Kirkland & Ellis, I joined a small, very high quality practice, Goldberg, Kohn, Bell, Black, Rosenbloom and Moritz, Ltd., as a lawyer in their corporate and real estate areas. I was attracted to the law because of my desire to make a positive contribution to society. I enjoyed law school, especially the study of public policy. Before studying law at Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago, I was an economics major at Northwestern University as an undergraduate. I spent my junior year in Paris studying international relations and economics, in French, at L'Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris.
As a practicing lawyer, I became involved in recruiting, and discovered that I had both the desire and ability to add value to the recruiting process, which greatly influences the growth and development of the firm. I worked with outside search firms, and found that there was an unmet need for a company to provide quality legal search services with integrity and insight.
I started Zenner Consulting Group to address that need, and as the business grew, I added and retained carefully selected attorneys with exceptional care-taking skills and abilities, as well as the highest professional standards, to serve our clients. I consider it a great honor and privilege to work with such talented, exceptional people. For over twenty-five years, we have remained at the forefront of the legal search industry, based upon our reputation for quality, integrity and because people like us and trust us – they are thrilled with the results that we achieve, and recommend us to their friends and colleagues.
The manner in which we conduct business is completely original. Our recruiting practices and policies were conceptualized in-house at ZCG, without precedent, by attorneys straight out of private practice, with a view toward creating a legal recruiting firm committed to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, quality and client service. We continually refine our recruiting practices to assure state-of-the-art client service.
I am extremely proud of our values and our achievements.